This year the launch will focus on three main areas:
Enhancements to the core product
- Set and manage variances to control overtime and see where the issues are that they need to address
- Control how much they pay in areas such as overtime or net pay to keep control of their payroll costs
- Understand the information in their reports, where the information comes from and what they need to do
- Reduce errors by letting the software find discrepancies
Automated Payslip Module
Automated Payslips change the way we sell stationery to our customers. It is a separate paid for module available on monthly subscription to be used in conjunction with Sage 50 Payroll. Customers will be able to get their payslips printed and posted, or hosted online at the click of a button. It can only be used in conjunction with the latest version of Sage 50 Payroll.
Pensions Module – NHS Pensions
Public sector pensions typically operate on a tiered basis. Rather than using a single rate of deduction to all members, the scheme uses a tiered basis and the employee contribution percent is set according to employee salary bands. Sage 50 alone does not support this ‘tiered’ structure and customers who choose to use the program to manage their tired pension scheme typically use manual workarounds and manage certain aspects completely offline. This is a time consuming process, open to human error and identifies a shortfall in product capability.
The Pensions Module will solve this and allow customers to:
- Set up an NHS pension and support the tired structure
- Define and calculate pensionable pay for specific groups of employees
- Track pensionable hours for employees
- Automatically assess, maintain, and re-assess tiers for employees
- Produce or source data to populate standard NHS reports